Welcome To PIA (Pension Investment Academy)
The Pension Investment Academy (PIA) runs seminars, debates and lectures that are at the cutting edge of pension fund thought at a leading London business school. It is designed for pension scheme trustees and executives who already have a base level of knowledge.
Who Should Attend Events
Trustees and Pension Executives can attend without charge but only by personal invitation. To obtain a personal invitation we invite Trustees and Pension Executives to contact Clair Janaway at email@example.com.
Investment Managers, Consultants and other service providers who would like to know more about the PIA or sponsor the PIA should contact Fred Jaffe firstname.lastname@example.org. These sponsors will have the exclusive rights to attend PIA events along with the other categories mentioned above.
The Next PIA Event Is:
Fees, Cost and Transparency – Latest Developments & Practical Considerations
January 26, 2022
New Timings: from 08.45 to 10.15
Free to Trustees and Pension Executives
• Cost, Charges & Transparency Update
• What does good transparency mean?
• How can better transparency help mitigate the increased risk of pension scams, especially in light of Covid-19?
• Consideration of the recent FCA & TPR initiatives for assessing value for members
• What exactly is the Cost Transparency Initiative, and will it actually deliver on its goals?
• Can you actually get the data needed from your managers to assess value for members effectively?
• What does good value for members look like?
• Do pension funds focus too much on explicit costs such as disclosed/declared asset management fees and not enough on the ‘hidden cost’ of investing?
• How can pension funds ensure that returns are not reduced unnecessarily by costs and high fees?
• What strategies can trustees and employers use to help them identify, benchmark, monitor, manage and understand both visible and ’hidden’ operational and administration costs?
Key Speakers so far: