Fees, Cost and Transparency – Latest Developments & Practical Considerations
January 26, 2022
Free to Trustees and Pension Executives
• Cost, Charges & Transparency Update
• What does good transparency mean?
• How can better transparency help mitigate the increased risk of pension scams, especially in light of Covid-19?
• Consideration of the recent FCA & TPR initiatives for assessing value for members
• What exactly is the Cost Transparency Initiative, and will it actually deliver on its goals?
• Can you actually get the data needed from your managers to assess value for members effectively?
• What does good value for members look like?
• Do pension funds focus too much on explicit costs such as disclosed/declared asset management fees and not enough on the ‘hidden cost’ of investing?
• How can pension funds ensure that returns are not reduced unnecessarily by costs and high fees?
• What strategies can trustees and employers use to help them identify, benchmark, monitor, manage and understand both visible and ’hidden’ operational and administration costs?
Chair: Mel Duffield
Pensions Strategy Executive
USS Ltd and Chair of Cost Transparency Initiative
08.45 Registration for 09:00 until 10:15